commons-user mailing list archives

From Wendy Smoak <>
Subject RE: DBCP - AbandonedObjectPool
Date Wed, 18 Dec 2002 19:45:21 GMT
> I'm trying to use AbandonedObjectPool to close out borrowed connections
> after they've been idle for a certain amount of time.

I don't use it, but my take on "abandoned" is that there are no other
references to the connection, but that it was never properly returned to the
pool with returnObject().  If you're still holding a reference to it, as in
the code you posted, I would not expect the pool to reclaim the object.
It's not too clear from the javadoc, though.

Wendy Smoak
Applications Systems Analyst, Sr.