commons-user mailing list archives

From Wendy Smoak <Wendy.Sm...@asu.edu>
Subject RE: Digester selecting wrong property setter method
Date Wed, 11 Dec 2002 21:34:52 GMT
Mike wrote:
> How can I force Digester to select the interface I created specifically
for its use?

I know next to nothing about this, except that I ran into a similar problem
with Struts, which I believe uses Digester under the covers.  Check the
"Java Bean" spec (or whatever sets forth the rules about what is and is not
a bean.)  I don't think you can have overloaded methods like that.  You have
to pick one "type" and have a get and set method for it, and nothing else.
Otherwise, the code doing the discovery of the methods gets confused.  At
least, Struts became much happier when this was the case.

I think it's selecting the set method that takes an integer because that's
what the matching get method returns.

--
Wendy Smoak
Applications Systems Analyst, Sr.