commons-user mailing list archives

From "Wannheden, Knut" <knut.wannhe...@paranor.ch>
Subject RE: [jelly] xml pipeline
Date Fri, 13 Dec 2002 12:19:33 GMT
Paul,

> From: Paul Libbrecht [mailto:paul@activemath.org]
>
> I think there is something such in the xml tag-library (you
> then define
> a variable).

I suppose you're refering to the <xml:parse/> tag.  You can use this tag in
two ways: either you specify the "xml" attribute, where the value has to be
an object of type String (an URI), Reader, or InputStream, or you give the
document to parse as the tag's body.  But in the latter case the body is
again evaluated first.  Also my idea was that any tag, not only <xml:parse/>
similar ones, should be access their content as XML.  A usecase:

<xu:assertDocumentsEqual xmls:xu="jelly:xmlunit">
 <xu:expected evalBody="false">
  <j:set var="x" value="y"/>
  <j:set var="x2" value="y2"/>
 </xu:expected>
 <xu:actual evalBody="true">
  <my:getSetupSricpt/>
 </xu:actual>
</xu:assertDocumentsEqual>

(Note the fictional evalBody attribute.)  The previous would be a test case
for the <my:getSetupScript/> tag.  The tag could maybe be used like this:

<j:eval>
 <my:getSetupScript/>
</j:eval>

which would actually execute the two <j:set/> tags.

Does this seem too wacky?

--
knut