commons-user mailing list archives

From Paul Libbrecht <p...@activemath.org>
Subject Re: [BeanUtils] MethodUtils caching
Date Wed, 18 Dec 2002 10:12:18 GMT
Having tests within applets looks perfect to me!

The most simplistic approach would be to use appletviewer to run all
the jUnit tests. That would bring an amount of "failed" that would
force developers to flag their tests to be applet-friendly or not, then
presumably flag the functionalities as such.

A better approach would be to run a webserver and have the applets from
there, I presume. Also, I am not a signed applet should not be tested
as well (i.e. I am not sure there is not a little bit of security left
within these which is again different from the simple java command).

Or... should we make an interace for jUnit tests "applet-friendly" or
such?
I think the issue to manage here is close to a documentation/build
issue: it needs to be documented what is applet friendly and what is
not, and this has to be documented at least on a class-basis, cascading
through dependencies). Would there be a better approach than just
attacking unit-tests for this ?

How much "unfriendly" to developers would this be ? I typically fear a
complete refusal: "This collection is not applet-friendly, period,
don't bother me with that..."

Paul