commons-user mailing list archives

From Matías Giovannini <mat...@k-bell.com>
Subject [Validator] Indexed properties?
Date Fri, 13 Dec 2002 20:05:06 GMT
Hello,

I'm trying to use a hand-built FormSet to validate some indexed
properties. I can rely in general on the ValidatorResults object to
hold for me the converted values; but for indexed properties the
generated keys make those values lie all over the place (technically
speaking, the index now makes part of the key) and I can't retrieve
them anymore.

Also, the field key generated includes the property, for instance
"indexedProp[3].subProp", which is not really appropriate if the
underlying object is an array of "non-strutctured" objects (Integer's,
Date's, whatever).

Ideally, I would want to be able to do:

Object[] array = (Object[]) results.getResultValueMap().get("name");

Is there any way to coerce Validator to do this for me?

TIA,
Matías.