commons-user mailing list archives

From Rodney Waldhoff <rwaldh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: DBCP Usage
Date Tue, 31 Dec 2002 15:37:44 GMT
There are some examples at:

<http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/dbcp/commons-dbcp-1.0/docs/>

In particular, this:

<http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/dbcp/commons-dbcp-1.0/docs/ManualPoolingDriverExample.java>

shows how to set up and use a pooling Driver, and this:

<http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/dbcp/commons-dbcp-1.0/docs/JOCLPoolingDriverExample.java>

shows one way of setting up a pooling Driver using an external
configuration file.

The "package overview" for org.apache.commons.dbcp describes this in some
detail:

<http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/dbcp/api/overview-summary.html>

Also, the JUnit test suite contains additional examples.  See:

<http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs/jakarta-commons/dbcp/src/test/org/apache/commons/dbcp/>

Finally, if you poke around in the mail archives
(<http://archives.apache.org/eyebrowse/> and elsewhere) there are
additional examples and discussion on this topic.