commons-user mailing list archives

From Martin Cooper <mart...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [BeanUtils] MethodUtils caching
Date Wed, 18 Dec 2002 05:25:52 GMT

On Wed, 18 Dec 2002, Paul Libbrecht wrote:

<snip/>

> I think the issue is simply related to the fact that much (too much?)
> of the jakarta development is interested to the server things and too
> few to the user-interfaces...

That has a lot to do with the Jakarta mission, which states that Jakarta
is "charged with the creation and maintenance of commercial-quality,
open-source, server-side solutions for the Java platform". See:

http://jakarta.apache.org/site/mission.html

Now, I'm all for trying to accommodate client applications as well, where
that makes sense, but you should hardly be surprised when the development
focus is on the server-side. ;-)

--
Martin Cooper