commons-user mailing list archives

From Rodney Waldhoff <rwaldh...@apache.org>
Subject AbandonedObjectPool (was Re: DBCP Timing out)
Date Wed, 18 Dec 2002 00:37:42 GMT
I believe AbandonedObjectPool (an extension of GOP), provides the
functionality you're looking for, although I've never used it personally.

Jdbc2Pool (available in the nightly builds) uses AbandonedObjectPool by
default.  It should be easy to replace BasicDataSource (the dbcp
configuration as described in the tomcat docs) with Jdbc2Pool if that's
what you're using.  See the docs at:

 <http://nagoya.apache.org/gump/javadoc/jakarta-commons/dbcp/dist/docs/api/org/apache/commons/dbcp/jdbc2pool/package-summary.html>

PoolingDriver and PoolingDataSource can also be configured to use AOP
instead of GOP. See:

 <http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/dbcp/commons-dbcp-1.0/docs/>

for more on PoolingDriver and PoolingDataSource configuration.