commons-user mailing list archives

From Davor Cengija <davor.ceng...@mail.inet.hr>
Subject RE: [Lang] StringUtils.split() with quoted strings
Date Mon, 23 Dec 2002 19:37:34 GMT
Baltz, Kenneth wrote:

> I suspect you could do this with regular expressions (java.util.regex.*).
> There's a split() method in Pattern that will split a string around
> pattern matches, but it looks like this is basically an advanced version
> of
> StringTokenizer.

Yes, I could use regexp (probably ORO, for jdk1.3), but somehow I think it
could be useful to have something like split() with quoted strings in
StringUtils. If there is no such a method, I'll probably implement
something, using split() methods already provided in StringUtils.

Thanks.
--
davor.cengija@mail.inet.hr