commons-user mailing list archives

From Zsolt Koppany <z.kopp...@intland.com>
Subject Totaly frustrated with commons-logging
Date Wed, 11 Dec 2002 10:20:00 GMT
Hi,

I'm totally frustrated with commons-logging. My applications uses log4j
and now tomcat switches log4j on because of commons-logging. Because I
do have to debug, I get a lot of absolutely unusable logs. The first log
of my application comes after 18000 lines of logging information.
Somebody might find that very cool I just find it terrible. I have read
the manual of commons-logging. I read about enterprise logging (find it
cool) but could not figure out how for example I could use the jdk-1.4
logging.
I really hate that commons-logging changes log4j that I get this huge
amount of unusable debug information.
How can I disable that?

Unfortunately it is not more possible to configure log4j that I just
want to see the logs of package xy. I mean a log4j configuration option:

log4j.rootCategory=DEBUG, A1, A2
log4j.logger.org.apache.commons=WARN
log4j.logger.org.apache.struts=WARN
log4j.logger.xy=DEBUG