commons-user mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james_strac...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Re: [Jelly] JellyUnit JellyAssertionFailedError not an Error
Date Tue, 10 Dec 2002 09:07:23 GMT
From: "Todd Jonker" <tvj@pobox.com>
> Is there a good reason that JellyAssertionFailedError is not an Error but
an
> Exception?  Besides the misleading name, its quite different from plain
> JUnit, where AssertionFailedError is actually an Error so you don't have
> handle it explicitly.

Whoops. JellyAssertionFailedError was always meant to extend
AssertionFailedError. The idea being that it really was a JUnit assertion
failure exception, but just that it was adorned with the JellyUnit context
(file, line, column, tag name etc).

I've patched the code in CVS to make this the case now.

> Background:  I'm trying to write a scripting system for acceptance tests
of
> GUI apps.  This involves several custom Jelly tags to do various GUI
> assertions an manipulations.  I'll post some other questions/problems on
> other threads.

Sounds interesting.

James
-------