commons-user mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james_strac...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Re: [messenger] problem running messenger
Date Fri, 06 Dec 2002 18:16:10 GMT
From: "Jukka Nikki" <Jukka.Nikki@Kolumbus.fi>
> Hi James,
>
> I'm sorry to disturb you, but I do have problem with nightly build of
> messenger. I think I do have all needed libraries, but system halts within
> first test to "java.lang.NoSuchMethodError" message..
>
> ..
>
> 2002-12-06 07:41:40 - Ctx( /mestest ): Exception in: R( /mestest +
> /sendmessageservlet + null) - java.lang.NoSuchMethodError at
> org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.getXMLReader(Digester.java:607) at
> org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.parse(Digester.java:1338) at

The problem appears to be in digester performing a SAX parse, rather than in
messenger per-se. So it seems like you've an old SAX jar on the classpath
somewhere?

It might be worth trying the xml-apis-1.0b2.jar instead as thats actually
more recent (the 2.0.* versions are wrong).

http://www.ibiblio.org/maven/xml-apis/jars/

Unless someone else has any bright ideas?

org.apache.commons.messenger.MessengerManager.load(MessengerManager.java:57)
> ..
>
> I'd like to know if 5.12.2002 build is stable enought or should I try some
> other and if these dependencies are still correct.
>
> commons-logging  1.0  commons-logging-1.0.jar
> commons-beanutils  1.3  commons-beanutils-1.3.jar
> commons-collections  2.0  commons-collections-2.0.jar
> commons-digester  1.2  commons-digester-1.2.jar
> servletapi  2.3  servletapi-2.3.jar
> jms  1.0.2b  jms-1.0.2b.jar
> xml-apis  2.0.0  xml-apis-2.0.0.jar
> ant  1.4.1  ant-1.4.1.jar
> junit  3.7  junit-3.7.jar
>
> I had some problems finding xml-apis, which is the correct place to look
for
> them?
>
> I am testing with WLS 7.0+SP1 - is there any mysteries with it?
>
> I'm glad if you have time to help me, this is quite nice abstraction and
it
> deserves to become widely used..

Thanks!

James