commons-user mailing list archives

From "Darren Scott" <dar...@darrenscott.com>
Subject RE: [betwixt] info on .betwixt files, "add" methods, and CyclicReferenceExceptions
Date Sun, 15 Dec 2002 21:54:16 GMT
> many thanks for the patch.
>
> i haven't used the code but it did prove very useful. the version i
> committed uses instance equality (==) rather than equals to determine
> whether a bean is it's own ancester. it also uses the stack
> implementation
> in jakarta-commons-collections for greater backwards
> compatibility. in
> addition, i've tried to protect the ways that subclasses can
> access the
> stack.
>
> - robert

I'm glad the patch was of use - my first Jakarta code contribution! I'm
so proud... ;-)

While we're still on the subject of betwixt I'm still confused about its
use of "add" methods on beans? Am I right in thinking that if I'm only
using betwixt to write XML from a bean, the "add" methods don't come
into it? If I'm wrong about this, how exactly do they get used (after
all that means betwixt would be adding objects to a collection in my
bean - how can that be?)

Darren