commons-user mailing list archives

From "Stephen Colebourne" <scolebou...@btopenworld.com>
Subject Re: [BeanUtils] MethodUtils caching
Date Tue, 17 Dec 2002 08:43:56 GMT
MethodUtils is currently being reworked in [lang]. Hopefully the new version
there can include some level of caching.

Stephen

----- Original Message -----
From: "Matt Smith" <msmith@dorado.com>
To: <commons-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, December 17, 2002 8:03 AM
Subject: [BeanUtils] MethodUtils caching

I'm looking for a way to speed up some of my uses of Digester, and
SetNextRule heavily relies upon MethodUtils.invokeMethod. What I've seen is
that most of the time spent in getMatchingAccessibleMethod, and in
particular in Class.getMethods(). Most of this is wasted work, since it's
pretty much always the same class and paramType list being used for any
particular instance of SetNextRule. So I'd like to cache the results of
getMatchingAccessibleMethod, but it's private, making it a cut & paste job
to do so. I can do that if I have to, but I was wondering if there is any
code out there that is currently doing this type of caching already, of if
you guys can tell me a better way to deal with this. I'd like to continue to
benefit from updates to BeanUtils without re-copying code every time.

-Matt