commons-user mailing list archives

From "Derek Bodin" <bodi...@uwec.edu>
Subject [betwixt] problem with the plural stemmer
Date Sat, 07 Dec 2002 19:42:50 GMT
Has anyone noticed a bug in the Default Plural Stemmer?  If I have
methods addPerson(Person p) and  getPersonList(), the Stemmer first
checks for methods starting with person and ending in 's', then 'es' and
finally 'ies' if the property ended in y.  Once it fails those three
tests it gets the keys from the hash map passed in and iterates through
them looking for the best fit.  BUT, in the method
findGetCollectionDescriptor in XMLIntrospecterHelp, it hashes the
property name, in my case 'person', to the root Descriptor, so in the
Stemmer it first finds that pair, which is not the Element Descriptor
needed.  Thus causing betwixt not to be able to add "People"  to the
context.  So I guess the problem does not lie with the Stemmer, but in
the values that are added before the map is sent to the stemmer.  If
anyone knows why these values are there, or have any other insight could
you please let me know?  Thanks

Derek Bodin

P.S.  I changed the code so it first looks for the property name ending
with "List" and it works fine.