commons-user mailing list archives

From Steve Taylor <STay...@pangaea.ca>
Subject RE: Digester under JRun 3.1
Date Wed, 04 Dec 2002 19:17:41 GMT
Thanks John. Actually the problem was that JRun has so a parser.jar and
jaxp.jar in its lib/ext directory. If you don't specify a reader for the
digester, it looks in these for an implementation of an XMLReader - but it
won't find it.

Solution:
            digester = new Digester(new ParserAdapter());

It works!

-----Original Message-----
From: John Yu [mailto:john@scioworks.com]
Sent: Tuesday, December 03, 2002 7:15 PM
To: Jakarta Commons Users List
Subject: Re: Digester under JRun 3.1

Sounds like JRun has its own copy of xerces.jar which is older/incompatible.

Try to add your xerces.jar to the system classpath (i.e. java -cp) when
starting the JRun to see if the problem goes away.

--
John Yu                       Scioworks Technologies
e: john@scioworks.com         w: +(65) 873 5989