commons-user mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <craig...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [FileUpload] Tomcat Setup
Date Mon, 02 Dec 2002 01:09:02 GMT

On Sun, 1 Dec 2002, Lee Hughes wrote:

> Date: Sun, 1 Dec 2002 18:20:17 -0500 (EST)
> From: Lee Hughes <lee@hughesys.com>
> To: commons-user@jakarta.apache.org
> Subject: Re: [FileUpload] Tomcat Setup
>
> Craig, thanks alot for your help -- is the "Source Repository" the correct
> place to download the FileUpload code from to try out? And I was confused
> by the dependencies -- junit should only be needed for in-depth testing
> and serletapi should be covered by Tomcat, correct?

The source repository would be the place to start if you want to build
commons-fileupload yourself, or see how it works.  Nightly builds (both
source and binary) are also available if you just want to use it:

  http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-commons/nightly/commons-fileupload/

JUnit is only required to build and execute the unit tests.

You can certainly use the servlet.jar file from Tomcat for the servlet API
dependency -- the point is that you can't compile or run fileupload
without the servlet API classes available.

> Grateful,
>
> Lee
> --

Craig