commons-issues mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Daniel Atallah (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] [Updated] (BEANUTILS-465) Indexed List Setters no longer work
Date Fri, 03 Oct 2014 21:47:34 GMT

     [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BEANUTILS-465?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:all-tabpanel
]

Daniel Atallah updated BEANUTILS-465:
-------------------------------------
    Attachment: BeanUtilsBean.java.patch

The following patch works around the issue at least from the perspective of the attached test
case.  Not being overly familiar with the BeanUtils internals, I'm not sure if there are other
places that would need to be fixed.

I ran into an issue making it look like the PropertyDescriptor is an IndexedPropertyDescriptor
because IndexedPropertyDescriptor does some checking to make sure that the property looks
like it really is indexed (it needs to have get(index) and set(index, value) methods).

> Indexed List Setters no longer work
> -----------------------------------
>
>                 Key: BEANUTILS-465
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BEANUTILS-465
>             Project: Commons BeanUtils
>          Issue Type: Bug
>          Components: ConvertUtils & Converters
>    Affects Versions: 1.9.2
>            Reporter: Daniel Atallah
>         Attachments: BeanUtilsBean.java.patch, BeanUtilsTest.java
>
>
> After upgrading to commons-beanutils 1.9.2 from 1.8.3, I ran into a bug where indexed
List setters no longer work.
> Per the documentation at:
> http://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-beanutils/javadocs/v1.9.2/apidocs/org/apache/commons/beanutils/package-summary.html
> " As an extension to the JavaBeans specification, the BeanUtils package considers any
property whose underlying data type is java.util.List (or an implementation of List) to be
indexed as well."
> This no longer appears to be an accurate statement.
> The cause appears to be more strict validation in both org.apache.commons.beanutils.converters.StringConverter.convertToType()
and in org.apache.commons.beanutils.converters.AbstractConverter.
> There is now an explicit cast to the target type, which throws an Exception instead of
the previous behavior of simply returning the input value unconverted.
> I'll attach a test case that works with 1.8.3, but no longer works with 1.9.2.



--
This message was sent by Atlassian JIRA
(v6.3.4#6332)

Mime
View raw message