commons-issues mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Andre Diermann (JIRA)" <>
Subject [jira] [Commented] (SANDBOX-462) Refactoring of AccessibleObjectsRegistry
Date Wed, 19 Feb 2014 18:20:23 GMT


Andre Diermann commented on SANDBOX-462:

Hello Benedict,

you suggested to split my changes into multiple patch files, which is a good advice and makes
totally sense. :-)

Somehow I haven't found an option how to do this. The patch is always created depending on
the server version. For instance:

- I changed one minor thing -> created and commented a patch for that (no problems so far)
- I changed another part within the same file, here: AccessibleObjectsRegistry -> try to
create a patch -> the patch also contains the changes of the first patch
- ...
- So in the end the last patch file will be the same as already provided (of course except
the unrelated changes due to the formatting ;-)), but still with too many changes.

So did I understand you right? 


> Refactoring of AccessibleObjectsRegistry
> ----------------------------------------
>                 Key: SANDBOX-462
>                 URL:
>             Project: Commons Sandbox
>          Issue Type: Improvement
>          Components: BeanUtils2
>            Reporter: Andre Diermann
>            Priority: Minor
>         Attachments: Commons-BeanUtils2-462.patch
> Summary:
> The AccessibleObjectsRegistry class provides two get methods, while one is a convenient
method for the other.
> Both methods take one conditional parameter, boolean exact, and the actual get method
is very long, which makes it somehow complex to understand.
> Suggestion:
> What could be improved IMHO:
> - Instead of using conditional methods, like get(boolean doSomethingSpecialIfTrue, ...),
it is more convenient to provide dedicated methods like getSomething() and getAnotherThing().
> - In this regard the difference between an exact or, let's call it, matching descriptor
should be expressed through inheritance rather than object allocation (= expressing it by
a field boolean exact).
> - The very long get method should be refined
> - Another very minor issue is the naming of the paramTypes field within the inner AccessibleObjectDescriptor
class, which I would suggest to rename to parameterTypes to fit the naming of the other occurrences.

This message was sent by Atlassian JIRA

View raw message