commons-issues mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Julius Davies (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] [Updated] (CODEC-146) JUnit that uses BeiderMorse like Solr does
Date Sat, 18 Aug 2012 02:17:38 GMT

     [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CODEC-146?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:all-tabpanel
]

Julius Davies updated CODEC-146:
--------------------------------

    Description: 
I noticed that Solr-3.6.0 uses the following parts of commons-codec directly:


oacc.language.bm.Languages$LanguageSet.from(java.util.Set)

oacc.language.bm.PhoneticEngine.encode(String, Languages.LanguageSet)

oacc.language.bm.NameType.valueOf(String)

oacc.language.bm.RuleType.valueOf(String)


But our JUnit tests do not reference these parts of commons-codec directly.  I don't really
understand BeiderMorse encoding, but based on the code I saw in Solr, I've created some unit
tests to ensure we don't ever accidentally break the way they're using us.

Since I'm not a BM person, I would prefer if someone else reviews this and commits it.


 

  was:
I noticed that Solr-3.6.0 uses the following parts of commons-codec directly:


oacc.language.bm.Languages$LanguageSet.from(java.util.Set)

oacc.language.bm.PhoneticEngine.encode(String, Languages.LanguageSet)

oacc.language.bm.NameType.valueOf(String)

oacc.language.bm.RuleType.valueOf(String)


But our JUnit tests do not reference these parts of commons-codec directly.  I don't really
understand BeiderMorse encoding, but based on the code I saw in Solr, I've created some unit
tests to ensure we don't ever accidentally break the way we're using us.

Since I'm not a BM person, I would prefer if someone else reviews this and commits it.


 

    
> JUnit that uses BeiderMorse like Solr does
> ------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: CODEC-146
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CODEC-146
>             Project: Commons Codec
>          Issue Type: Test
>    Affects Versions: 1.7
>            Reporter: Julius Davies
>            Priority: Minor
>             Fix For: 1.7
>
>         Attachments: codec-146.patch
>
>
> I noticed that Solr-3.6.0 uses the following parts of commons-codec directly:
> oacc.language.bm.Languages$LanguageSet.from(java.util.Set)
> oacc.language.bm.PhoneticEngine.encode(String, Languages.LanguageSet)
> oacc.language.bm.NameType.valueOf(String)
> oacc.language.bm.RuleType.valueOf(String)
> But our JUnit tests do not reference these parts of commons-codec directly.  I don't
really understand BeiderMorse encoding, but based on the code I saw in Solr, I've created
some unit tests to ensure we don't ever accidentally break the way they're using us.
> Since I'm not a BM person, I would prefer if someone else reviews this and commits it.
>  

--
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
If you think it was sent incorrectly, please contact your JIRA administrators: https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ContactAdministrators!default.jspa
For more information on JIRA, see: http://www.atlassian.com/software/jira

        

Mime
View raw message