commons-issues mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Nils Hildebrand (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] [Commented] (DBCP-350) Problem with DBCP 1.3 /jdk 6 and oracle spatial
Date Thu, 11 Aug 2011 08:12:29 GMT

    [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DBCP-350?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=13083005#comment-13083005
] 

Nils Hildebrand commented on DBCP-350:
--------------------------------------

Hi,

 

I asked the question on a GIS-Forum at Stack-Exchange.

I’ve got an answer that sounds very like the root-cause of the problem – located within
hibernatespatial.

See below…

 

Does it ring a bell with you?

 

Kind regards

 

Nils

 

 

Von: Stack Exchange [mailto:do-not-reply@stackexchange.com] 
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 11. August 2011 06:00




Any known problems after Tomcat-upgrade using oracle locator? <http://gis.stackexchange.com/questions/13105/any-known-problems-after-tomcat-upgrade-using-oracle-locator>




> Problem with DBCP 1.3 /jdk 6 and oracle spatial
> -----------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: DBCP-350
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DBCP-350
>             Project: Commons Dbcp
>          Issue Type: Bug
>    Affects Versions: 1.3, 1.4
>         Environment: CentOS 5.5 x86_64, Oracle JDK 1.6u22 32bit, Tomcat 5.5.31, ojdbc6.jar
>            Reporter: Nils Hildebrand
>             Fix For: 1.3.1, 1.4.1
>
>
> We have a GIS-application running on Tomcat 5.5. As webserver we are using
> Apache httpd 2.2 connected to tomcat via ajp (mod_proxy_ajp).
> The application worked fine with Tomcat 5.5.28 until we tried to upgrade to Tomcat 5.5.31.
> After the upgrade we get - in certain situations a:
> java.io.IOException: org.hibernatespatial.helper.FinderException: Couldn't get
> at the OracleSpatial Connection object from the PreparedStatement.
> After looking through the Tomcat 5.5 changelogs we stumbled across a change
> made in 5.5.30: Upgrade to DBCP 1.3.
> I can affirm now that the problem is gone when downgrading to DBCP 1.2.2.
> The same problem occurs when using DBCP 1.4.
> It seems something has changed from 1.2.2 to 1.3 that has partially broken Oracle-Locator
operations in dbcp 1.3
> I've seen some bug-reports for dbcp 1.3.1 which point in the same direction (oracle-db-error
lead to java error) - perhaps these are the same problems...

--
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
For more information on JIRA, see: http://www.atlassian.com/software/jira

       

Mime
View raw message