commons-issues mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Nils Hildebrand (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] [Commented] (DBCP-350) Problem with DBCP 1.3 /jdk 6 and oracle spatial
Date Thu, 11 Aug 2011 10:27:28 GMT

    [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DBCP-350?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=13083055#comment-13083055
] 

Nils Hildebrand commented on DBCP-350:
--------------------------------------

Hi Mark,

so dbcp does not use hibernate?
I am confused.

I am not a developer - I just want to see this bug fixed in Tomcat so I can use a standard-tomcat
again.
I played the game to escalate this to dbcp.

But I will not play the game to escalate this further to hibernate - there seems to be a ready
to use bug-fix there (at hibernate).
So implement it into dbcp 1.3.n or 1.4.n and I am willing to test it again.

If that fixes the problem I will report back to Tomcat so they can upgrade to dbcp 1.3.n or
dbcp 1.4.n as well.

Is this open source or is this "I am the big bug closer, but am not interested in fixing problems"?

I've got my working workaround in place (commons.dbcp 1.2.2) - but I don't think this is helpful
neither for tomcat nor dbcp nor the community.



Regards

Nils
 




> Problem with DBCP 1.3 /jdk 6 and oracle spatial
> -----------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: DBCP-350
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DBCP-350
>             Project: Commons Dbcp
>          Issue Type: Bug
>    Affects Versions: 1.3, 1.4
>         Environment: CentOS 5.5 x86_64, Oracle JDK 1.6u22 32bit, Tomcat 5.5.31, ojdbc6.jar
>            Reporter: Nils Hildebrand
>             Fix For: 1.3.1, 1.4.1
>
>
> We have a GIS-application running on Tomcat 5.5. As webserver we are using
> Apache httpd 2.2 connected to tomcat via ajp (mod_proxy_ajp).
> The application worked fine with Tomcat 5.5.28 until we tried to upgrade to Tomcat 5.5.31.
> After the upgrade we get - in certain situations a:
> java.io.IOException: org.hibernatespatial.helper.FinderException: Couldn't get
> at the OracleSpatial Connection object from the PreparedStatement.
> After looking through the Tomcat 5.5 changelogs we stumbled across a change
> made in 5.5.30: Upgrade to DBCP 1.3.
> I can affirm now that the problem is gone when downgrading to DBCP 1.2.2.
> The same problem occurs when using DBCP 1.4.
> It seems something has changed from 1.2.2 to 1.3 that has partially broken Oracle-Locator
operations in dbcp 1.3
> I've seen some bug-reports for dbcp 1.3.1 which point in the same direction (oracle-db-error
lead to java error) - perhaps these are the same problems...

--
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
For more information on JIRA, see: http://www.atlassian.com/software/jira

        

Mime
View raw message