commons-issues mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Gary D. Gregory (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] [Resolved] (LANG-715) CharSetUtils.squeeze() speedup
Date Sun, 10 Jul 2011 17:53:59 GMT

     [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LANG-715?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:all-tabpanel
]

Gary D. Gregory resolved LANG-715.
----------------------------------

       Resolution: Fixed
    Fix Version/s: 3.0
         Assignee: Gary D. Gregory

Patch applied in slightly different fashion. Thank you! :)

> CharSetUtils.squeeze() speedup
> ------------------------------
>
>                 Key: LANG-715
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LANG-715
>             Project: Commons Lang
>          Issue Type: Improvement
>          Components: lang.*
>    Affects Versions: 3.0
>            Reporter: Ville Skyttä
>            Assignee: Gary D. Gregory
>            Priority: Minor
>              Labels: patch
>             Fix For: 3.0
>
>         Attachments: squeeze-speedup.patch
>
>
> The attached patch speeds up CharSetUtils.squeeze() by avoiding unnecessary calls to
CharSet.contains().  It should not slow down any cases, and in my tests with some use cases
that I consider fairly common ones I got up to sixfold speedups with the patch.
> It's not that squeeze() would be that slow in the first place before the patch; I just
happened to be playing around with caliper (http://code.google.com/p/caliper/) and squeeze()
was one of the first things I tried it with.

--
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
For more information on JIRA, see: http://www.atlassian.com/software/jira

       

Mime
View raw message