commons-issues mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Nils Hildebrand (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] Commented: (DBCP-350) Problem with DBCP 1.3 /jdk 6 and oracle spatial
Date Thu, 09 Dec 2010 11:43:05 GMT

    [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DBCP-350?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=12969702#action_12969702
] 

Nils Hildebrand commented on DBCP-350:
--------------------------------------

Hi,

yes - I think I got a hit in the oracle-logs. I am doing the same thing
via GUI with DBCP 1.4 and DBCP 1.2.2.
In the middle of the traces some SQL-statements are missing.

Using DBCP 1.2.2 I get:

-- snip --
  declare 
     cost sys.ODCICost := sys.ODCICost(NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL); 
     obj0 "MDSYS"."SDO_GEOMETRY" := "MDSYS"."SDO_GEOMETRY"(NULL, NULL,
NULL, NULL, NULL);
  obj1 "MDSYS"."SDO_GEOMETRY" := "MDSYS"."SDO_GEOMETRY"(NULL, NULL,
NULL, NULL, NULL);
   
    begin 
      :1 := "MDSYS"."SDO_STATISTICS".ODCIStatsFunctionCost(
                     sys.ODCIFuncInfo('MDSYS', 
                            'SDO_3GL', 
                            'FILTER', 
                            2), 
                     cost, 
                     sys.ODCIARGDESCLIST(sys.ODCIARGDESC(2,
'LIKT_BKE_KURSE_O_GEOM', 'WEBGISDB', '"GEOLOC"', NULL, NULL, NULL),
sys.ODCIARGDESC(1, NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL),
sys.ODCIARGDESC(3, NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL)) 
                     , obj0, obj1, :5, 
                     sys.ODCIENV(:6,:7,:8,:9)); 
      if cost.CPUCost IS NULL then 
        :2 := -1.0; 
      else 
        :2 := cost.CPUCost; 
      end if; 
      if cost.IOCost IS NULL then 
        :3 := -1.0; 
      else 
        :3 := cost.IOCost; 
      end if; 
      if cost.NetworkCost IS NULL then 
        :4 := -1.0; 
      else 
        :4 := cost.NetworkCost; 
      end if; 
      exception 
        when others then 
          raise; 
    end;
-- snap --

That is the first statement that is missing completely from the DBCP
1.4-trace!
Next come two more "declare"-SQL-statements (also - both missing in
1.4), then the trace joins again at a select-statement.

I will now make a cross-check using DBCP 1.4 and full DB-access-rights
outside Eclipse in my normal Linux-server environment.


Kind regards

Nils





> Problem with DBCP 1.3 /jdk 6 and oracle spatial
> -----------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: DBCP-350
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DBCP-350
>             Project: Commons Dbcp
>          Issue Type: Bug
>    Affects Versions: 1.3, 1.4
>         Environment: CentOS 5.5 x86_64, Oracle JDK 1.6u22 32bit, Tomcat 5.5.31, ojdbc6.jar
>            Reporter: Nils Hildebrand
>
> We have a GIS-application running on Tomcat 5.5. As webserver we are using
> Apache httpd 2.2 connected to tomcat via ajp (mod_proxy_ajp).
> The application worked fine with Tomcat 5.5.28 until we tried to upgrade to Tomcat 5.5.31.
> After the upgrade we get - in certain situations a:
> java.io.IOException: org.hibernatespatial.helper.FinderException: Couldn't get
> at the OracleSpatial Connection object from the PreparedStatement.
> After looking through the Tomcat 5.5 changelogs we stumbled across a change
> made in 5.5.30: Upgrade to DBCP 1.3.
> I can affirm now that the problem is gone when downgrading to DBCP 1.2.2.
> The same problem occurs when using DBCP 1.4.
> It seems something has changed from 1.2.2 to 1.3 that has partially broken Oracle-Locator
operations in dbcp 1.3
> I've seen some bug-reports for dbcp 1.3.1 which point in the same direction (oracle-db-error
lead to java error) - perhaps these are the same problems...

-- 
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
-
You can reply to this email to add a comment to the issue online.


Mime
View raw message