commons-issues mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Nils Hildebrand (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] Commented: (DBCP-350) Problem with DBCP 1.3 /jdk 6 and oracle spatial
Date Tue, 07 Dec 2010 11:52:10 GMT

    [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DBCP-350?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=12968692#action_12968692
] 

Nils Hildebrand commented on DBCP-350:
--------------------------------------

Hi Phil,

sure. This is from the tomcat-server.xml. I replaced username, password,
url-db, port and sid with dummy-values.
DB-Connect is done via two resources using the dbcp-factory:

 
        <Resource name="WEBGISREAD"
                auth="Container"
                type="javax.sql.DataSource"
                factory="org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSourceFactory"
                username="DB_READER_ROLE" password="SECRET"
                driverClassName="oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver"
                url="jdbc:oracle:thin:@db4711:4711:db4711"
                maxWait="-1"
                removeAbandoned="true"
                maxActive="30"
                maxIdle="10"
                removeAbandonedTimeout="60"
                logAbandoned="true"/>

        <Resource name="WEBGISWRITE"
                auth="Container"
                type="javax.sql.DataSource"
                factory="org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSourceFactory"
                username="DB_WRITER_ROLE" password="TOPSECRET"
                driverClassName="oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver"
                url="jdbc:oracle:thin:@db4711:4711:db4711"
                maxWait="-1"
                removeAbandoned="true"
                maxActive="30"
                maxIdle="10"
                removeAbandonedTimeout="60"
                logAbandoned="true"
                defaultAutoCommit="false" />

Kind regards

Nils





> Problem with DBCP 1.3 /jdk 6 and oracle spatial
> -----------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: DBCP-350
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DBCP-350
>             Project: Commons Dbcp
>          Issue Type: Bug
>    Affects Versions: 1.3, 1.4
>         Environment: CentOS 5.5 x86_64, Oracle JDK 1.6u22 32bit, Tomcat 5.5.31, ojdbc6.jar
>            Reporter: Nils Hildebrand
>
> We have a GIS-application running on Tomcat 5.5. As webserver we are using
> Apache httpd 2.2 connected to tomcat via ajp (mod_proxy_ajp).
> The application worked fine with Tomcat 5.5.28 until we tried to upgrade to Tomcat 5.5.31.
> After the upgrade we get - in certain situations a:
> java.io.IOException: org.hibernatespatial.helper.FinderException: Couldn't get
> at the OracleSpatial Connection object from the PreparedStatement.
> After looking through the Tomcat 5.5 changelogs we stumbled across a change
> made in 5.5.30: Upgrade to DBCP 1.3.
> I can affirm now that the problem is gone when downgrading to DBCP 1.2.2.
> The same problem occurs when using DBCP 1.4.
> It seems something has changed from 1.2.2 to 1.3 that has partially broken Oracle-Locator
operations in dbcp 1.3
> I've seen some bug-reports for dbcp 1.3.1 which point in the same direction (oracle-db-error
lead to java error) - perhaps these are the same problems...

-- 
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
-
You can reply to this email to add a comment to the issue online.


Mime
View raw message