commons-issues mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Marc Ende (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] Issue Comment Edited: (CODEC-99) Base64.encodeBase64String() shouldn't chunk
Date Tue, 26 Oct 2010 08:34:22 GMT

    [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CODEC-99?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=12924892#action_12924892
] 

Marc Ende  edited comment on CODEC-99 at 10/26/10 4:33 AM:
-----------------------------------------------------------

When I do:

Base64 encoder = new Base64(0); 
encoder.encodeBase64String(binaryData);

I would expect that the encoded string isn't chunked, I've set the appropriate settings in
the
constructor before. But the current encodeBase64String() "overrides" the settings I've done.

The methods encodeBase64String(..) and so on should respect the settings made in the constructor
in my opinion.

      was (Author: me):
    When I do:

Base64 encoder = new Base64(0); 
encoder.encodeBase64String(binaryData);

I would expect that the encoded string isn't chunked, I've set the appropriate settings in
the
constructor before. But the current encodeBase64String() "overrides" the settings I've done.

  
> Base64.encodeBase64String() shouldn't chunk
> -------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: CODEC-99
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CODEC-99
>             Project: Commons Codec
>          Issue Type: Bug
>    Affects Versions: 1.4
>            Reporter: Julius Davies
>         Attachments: codec-99-test-fixes.patch, codec-99-tests.patch, codec-99.patch
>
>
> Base64.encodeBase64String() shouldn't chunk.
> Change this:
> {code}
> public static String encodeBase64String(byte[] binaryData) {
>     return StringUtils.newStringUtf8(encodeBase64(binaryData, true));
> }
> {code}
> To this:
> {code}
> public static String encodeBase64String(byte[] binaryData) {
>     return StringUtils.newStringUtf8(encodeBase64(binaryData, false));
> }
> {code}
> This will fix the following tests ggregory added a few minutes ago:
>         //assertEquals("Zg==", Base64.encodeBase64String(StringUtils.getBytesUtf8("f")));
>         //assertEquals("Zm8=", Base64.encodeBase64String(StringUtils.getBytesUtf8("fo")));
>         //assertEquals("Zm9v", Base64.encodeBase64String(StringUtils.getBytesUtf8("foo")));
>         //assertEquals("Zm9vYg==", Base64.encodeBase64String(StringUtils.getBytesUtf8("foob")));
>         //assertEquals("Zm9vYmE=", Base64.encodeBase64String(StringUtils.getBytesUtf8("fooba")));
>         //assertEquals("Zm9vYmFy", Base64.encodeBase64String(StringUtils.getBytesUtf8("foobar")));

-- 
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
-
You can reply to this email to add a comment to the issue online.


Mime
View raw message