commons-issues mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Michael Ossareh (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] Commented: (EMAIL-80) Message incorrectly displayed on outlook and Outlook Web access
Date Sun, 11 Jan 2009 22:32:59 GMT

    [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/EMAIL-80?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=12662830#action_12662830
] 

Michael Ossareh commented on EMAIL-80:
--------------------------------------

Hi Siegfried,

I checked out trunk and I had the same issue. I can certainly re-verify this tomorrow. I can
certainly verify that your tests work as I would expect them to (i.e. I can see the html).

To verify, I should be using

HtmlEmail.addHtmlMsg and HtmlEmail.addTextMsg to add html and text respectively? 

> Message incorrectly displayed on outlook and Outlook Web access
> ---------------------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: EMAIL-80
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/EMAIL-80
>             Project: Commons Email
>          Issue Type: Bug
>    Affects Versions: 1.1
>            Reporter: Etienne Jouvin
>            Assignee: Siegfried Goeschl
>            Priority: Minor
>             Fix For: 1.2
>
>         Attachments: commons-email-inline-disposition.patch
>
>
> Hello.
> I try to write HTML Email with version 1.1 and 1.0.
> With version 1.1, I found that the email was not correctly display when there is no image
embed into the mail content. Outlook web access only display the text message and the HTML
content is attached as an attachment.
> But, when there is at least one image, the message is corerctly displayed.
> This does not happends with version 1.0.
> Here is the source code used:
> HtmlEmail email = new HtmlEmail();
> email.setHostName("192.32.16.76");
> email.setFrom("user@domain.com");
> email.addTo("user1@domain.com");
> String s_RessourceName = "support.gif";
> URL url = TestLoader.class.getResource(s_RessourceName);
> StringBuffer sb_MsgContent = new StringBuffer();
> sb_MsgContent.append("<html><body><center><b>mon message pour
voir ma classe sans image</b></center>");
> sb_MsgContent.append("</body></html>");
> email.setHtmlMsg(sb_MsgContent.toString());
> email.setTextMsg("Your email client does not support HTML messages");
> email.send();
> And with image
> HtmlEmail email = new HtmlEmail();
> email.setHostName("192.32.16.76");
> email.setFrom("user@domain.com");
> email.addTo("user1@domain.com");
> String s_RessourceName = "support.gif";
> URL url = TestLoader.class.getResource(s_RessourceName);
> String s_RessourceId = email.embed(url, "Support logo");
> StringBuffer sb_MsgContent = new StringBuffer();
> sb_MsgContent.append("<html><body><center><b>mon message pour
voir ma classe sans image</b></center>");
> sb_MsgContent.append("<p><img src=\"cid:").append(s_RessourceId).append("\"></p>");
> sb_MsgContent.append("</body></html>");
> email.setHtmlMsg(sb_MsgContent.toString());
> email.setTextMsg("Your email client does not support HTML messages");
> email.send();
> Regards
> Etienne Jouvin

-- 
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
-
You can reply to this email to add a comment to the issue online.


Mime
View raw message