commons-issues mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "vivek (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] Issue Comment Edited: (CONFIGURATION-328) XMLConfiguration addNodes() not behaving correctly
Date Sun, 18 May 2008 18:26:55 GMT

    [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CONFIGURATION-328?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=12597767#action_12597767
] 

vivash edited comment on CONFIGURATION-328 at 5/18/08 11:25 AM:
---------------------------------------------------------------

Looks like the attribute is getting added as new tag,


{code:xml}
<property>
<name>newFirst</name>
</property>
<property>
<value>first</value>
</property>
{code}

is supposed to be,


{code:xml}
 <property name="newFirst">
     <value>first</value>
 </property>
{code}

In my code,

1) I first add the <property> tag under the <test> element - by calling conf.addNodes
2) Then I add the name attribute to the newly added property - again by calling conf.addNodes
3) Then I add the value tag under property - again by calling conf.addNodes

I do create a new HierarchicalConfiguration.Node every time to add it.  

It all used to work fine in 1.3, but it's failing in 1.5.

Note, my reloading strategy is false - not sure if that has anything to do with this.

      was (Author: vivash):
    Looks like the attribute is getting added as new tag,

<property>
<name>newFirst</name>
</property>
<property>
<value>first</value>
</property>

is supposed to be,

 <property name="newFirst">
     <value>first</value>
 </property>

In my code,

1) I first add the <property> tag under the <test> element - by calling conf.addNodes
2) Then I add the name attribute to the newly added property - again by calling conf.addNodes
3) Then I add the value tag under property - again by calling conf.addNodes

I do create a new HierarchicalConfiguration.Node every time to add it.  

It all used to work fine in 1.3, but it's failing in 1.5.

Note, my reloading strategy is false - not sure if that has anything to do with this.
  
> XMLConfiguration addNodes() not behaving correctly
> --------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: CONFIGURATION-328
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CONFIGURATION-328
>             Project: Commons Configuration
>          Issue Type: Bug
>    Affects Versions: 1.5
>         Environment: Linux, Apache Configuration 1.5
>            Reporter: vivek
>            Priority: Blocker
>             Fix For: 1.6
>
>
> Things used to work fine in 1.3, but now when I'm trying 1.5 my JUnit test suite is breaking
when adding new properties. Here is what I'm doing,
> 1) I already have a configuration as following,
> {code:xml}
>  <test>
>   <property name="isOk">
>     <value>true</value>
>     <default>false</default>
>   </property>
>   <property name="intProperty">
>     <value>900</value>
>     <default>500</default>
>   </property>
>   <property extra="0" name="stringProperty">
>     <default>Bye</default>
>   </property>
> </test>
> {code}
> 2) Now I need to add two new properties under <test>,
> {code:xml}
> <property  name="newFirst">
>   <value>first</value>
> </property>
> <property name="newSecond">
>   <value>second</value>
> </property>
> {code}
> 3) Here is the code I'm using,
>         a) First create a new HierarchicalConfiguration.Node
> {code:java}
> private HierarchicalConfiguration.Node createNode(String name, Object value)  {
>     HierarchicalConfiguration.Node node = new HierarchicalConfiguration.Node(name);
>     node.setValue(value);
>     return node;
> }
> {code}
>                   
>        b) Add the node to the list
> {code:java}
> List<HierarchicalConfiguration.Node> attrNodes = new ArrayList<HierarchicalConfiguration.Node>();
> Node attrNode = createNode(attrName, newPropertyName);
> attrNode.setAttribute(true);
> attrNodes.add(attrNode);
> {code}
>         
>        c) Call addNodes on XMLConfiguration,
> {code:java}
>     conf.addNodes(attrPath, attrNodes);
> {code}
> I run this in a look for each new property I need to add. For first property, I get element
count for the test.property as 3 (conf.getMaxIndex(key)) - so I insert at test.property(3),
which is right, but for the second property I get element count as 5 --> This is wrong,
it should have been 4 (because I just added 1). 
> I check the saved the configuration file after adding those two new properties and it
looks wrong too. Here is what I get,
> {code:xml}
> <test>
>   <property name="isOk">
>     <value>true</value>
>     <default>false</default>
>   </property>
>   <property name="intProperty">
>     <value>900</value>
>     <default>500</default>
>   </property>
>   <property extra="0" name="stringProperty">
>     <value>Hi</value>
>     default>Bye</default>
>   </property>
>   <property>
>     <name>newFirst</name>
>   </property>
>   <property>
>     <value>first</value>
>   </property>
>   <property>
>     <name>newSecond</name>
>   </property>
>   <property>
>     <value>second</value>
>   </property>
> </test>
> {code}
> The total element count for test.property gives me 7 ==> I was expecting 5.
> There seems to have some code change in 1.5 releated to addNodes (for ex., CONFIGURATION-287).
I'm not sure if I need to change the way I was calling addNodes before. It works fine with
1.3, but 1.5 completely fails on adding new properties. 
> I do need 1.5 for other bug fixes ( CONFIGURATION-268 and some other), but I can't use
it until the addNodes behave correctly. 
> Marking this as blocker as I'm blocked because of this issue. If there is a workaround
then please let me know.

-- 
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
-
You can reply to this email to add a comment to the issue online.


Mime
View raw message