commons-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Tompkins <chtom...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Dependabot pr's
Date Fri, 16 Oct 2020 12:49:22 GMT
A thought occurs to me. We are implicitly subscribed to GitHub as committers on the repo and
GitHub sends us emails individually (unless you “un-watch”) the repo for all of these
events. Putting them in a “notifications” list will likely duplicate the traffic. I’m
not certain how much control we have over the alerts generated from each repo at the GitHub
level. We should though be careful because we could end up with more emails if we’re not
careful.

Personally I use email inbox rules based upon subject line and from whom the email came to
determine how to arrange my inbox.

I’m indifferent about direction, but wanted to minimally give light to the issue at hand.

Cheers,
-Rob