commons-dev mailing list archives

From Gilles <gil...@harfang.homelinux.org>
Subject Re: [numbers] Making fractions VALJOs
Date Sat, 03 Nov 2018 17:06:04 GMT
On Fri, 2 Nov 2018 17:00:19 -0700, Eric Barnhill wrote:
> Second question, is there any reason not to use syntactic sugar for
> distinctions between "multiply" and "
> multpliedBy"? With the former being the suger, if the latter is a
> better
> standard.

Statement needs some reference before we embark on changing names
for longer ones.  Cf. my previous post:
   https://markmail.org/message/r5hxy5f4eduxp2vn

[If the rationale is "correct English", fine, but then all the
modules must be modified accordingly.]

> It seems like both sides of the fence can be easily bridged here.

IMO, syntactic sugar should be justified by more than sparing
4 keystrokes, especially if we want to induce usage of proper
spelling.

Regards,
Gilles