commons-dev mailing list archives

From Remko Popma <remko.po...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [parent] japicmp problems
Date Sun, 12 Aug 2018 21:56:00 GMT
Has anyone communicated these issues (whatever they are) back to the japicmp author(s)? Or
are they unaware?

Forking the project in Commons means you’ve given up on the maintainers. It also likely
means a significant time investment. Why not spend a fraction of that time to submit a bug
fix to japicmp?

Remko

(Shameless plug) Every java main() method deserves http://picocli.info

> On Aug 13, 2018, at 1:10, Rob Tompkins <chtompki@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>>> On Aug 12, 2018, at 11:16 AM, Stefan Bodewig <bodewig@apache.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> On 2018-08-12, Rob Tompkins wrote:
>>>
>>> I agree with this statement generally. That said, this doesn’t
>>> surprise me that I made this error because japicmp is minimally
>>> cumbersome to work with.
>>
>> I didn't mean to blame you, sorry if you received it that way. Fully
>> agreed that japicmp is a pain, but for some reason we had to give up
>> clirr (which is completely unsupported AFAIK).
>>

> No. I didn’t take it as blame. Just contextualizing your point and minimally putting
explanation of the evolution to where we are now.