commons-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Sicker <boa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [compress][POLL] High Level API
Date Wed, 02 May 2018 16:03:58 GMT
On 2 May 2018 at 09:01, Gary Gregory <garydgregory@gmail.com> wrote:

> - The high level API is Commons VFS. Why? Why not?
> - The high level API is Java IO File System.  Why? Why not?

This really gets at what I've been thinking. Compress and VFS are strongly
related, and both could likely benefit from adopting the Java NIO2 API.
That doesn't even begin to touch things like using off-heap byte buffers
and native codec libraries and such (e.g., using the unsafe variant of XZ's
API), nor does it touch async file APIs and other goodies.

--
Matt Sicker <boards@gmail.com>