commons-dev mailing list archives

From Gilles <gil...@harfang.homelinux.org>
Subject Re: [RNG] Travis build fails with JDK 9
Date Fri, 09 Feb 2018 21:14:45 GMT
On Thu, 8 Feb 2018 22:44:32 -0700, Bindul Bhowmik wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 8, 2018 at 9:01 AM, Gilles <gilles@harfang.homelinux.org>
> wrote:
>> Hi.
>>
>> Build succeeds with JDK 7 and 8 but not with JDK9:
>>   https://travis-ci.org/apache/commons-rng/jobs/337207823
>>
>> Did someone encounter this problem?
>
> Taking a guess here: looking at line 3521 of the log [1], it looks
> like the symptom described in the surefire FAQ [2] about corrupted
> streamps. I don't know RNG code to comment,

It's unikely to be caused by RNG; from the "dump", it looks
like error messages generated by "jacoco", that in turn
interfere with the "surefire" plugin's expectations.

> but maybe a quick check
> will be to try the build without forking (forkCount=0)

The build proceeds correctly with this setting.
Thanks.

> or using a
> snapshot of surefire 2.21.0 [3], which seems to have a few more Java
> 9
> goodies.

I don't know how to retrieve a snapshot version of the
plugin.

Regards,
Gilles