commons-dev mailing list archives

From Jörg Schaible <joerg.schai...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Parent POM and automatic module name
Date Mon, 08 Jan 2018 00:25:31 GMT
Am Sun, 07 Jan 2018 12:04:16 +0100 schrieb Pascal Schumacher:

> Am 07.01.2018 um 11:10 schrieb Stefan Bodewig:
>> My memory (which is old and failing frequently) claims we didn't want
>> to put it into the parent as not all components can use automatic
>> module names (net hasn't got a single package root IIRC) and so
>> wewanted to leave it to the individual components.
>
> Thanks! Your memory is correct. As I understand it the feature was not
> added because no way was found to make it opt-in for the modules. see:
>
> https://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/commons-dev/201706.mbox/%3C7A329A04-
ABE8-47B8-9981-161229CE6BCB%40apache.org%3E

> The component poms I checked all include a comment like "Temporary fix,
> remove this after this has implemented in parent pom". As these comments
> are not true anymore I will remove those I find.

It is possible to define a profile in parent and trigger it as opt-in based on the existence
of a file.

Do we have any precedence for triggering profiles based on file existence in commons? Typical
name
patterns used are:
 - profile/<name>
 - profiles/<name>