commons-dev mailing list archives

From Gilles <gil...@harfang.homelinux.org>
Subject Re: [commons-release-plugin] (Was: svn commit: r24003 - in /dev/commons/text: ./ binaries/ source/)
Date Thu, 04 Jan 2018 14:18:13 GMT
On Thu, 4 Jan 2018 08:56:09 -0500, Rob Tompkins wrote:
>> On Jan 4, 2018, at 8:41 AM, Gilles <gilles@harfang.homelinux.org>
>> wrote:

>>> Yes. Your have a good point point Gilles.
>>>
>>> It would seem that we would want some flavour of a new distribution
>>> handling mojo for just this case, but I don’t foresee that as being
>>> overly difficult, we’d have to just accommodate for a slightly more
>>> manual process. I still think that with a little work we could make
>>> the signing of those artifacts as well as the upload to svn maven
>>> target based as opposed to you having to copy files around on your
>>> machine and check them in manually.
>>>
>>> Thoughts?
>>
>> Why "more manual process"?  Is the modular case any different from
>> the
>> maven API POV (I'd imagine it's "just" building recursively)?
>>
>> Do you plan to add the necessary code as part of your current work
>> on
>> this new plugin?  This will surely help for the release of at least
>> RNG
>> Numbers
>> Statistics
>> Math
>> and any other currently (or future) modular component.
>
> I can make it work. It just wasn’t entirely clear to me what command
> you run to build the dists. And, it looks as if you are building
> dists
> (that aren’t published) for every module in the build.

[Talking about RNG.]
All modules are published/deployed to Nexus, except "dist-archive"
that only exists to bundle the contents of all the other modules
(separate "bin" and "src", as per Apache requirement).
For that purpose, I had to create a custom POM (in "dist-archive")
to run the "assembly" plugin.

> What is the release process here, and I’ll write something to get it
> to properly work.

AFAICT, the release process is standard.[1]
Everything works smoothly except for making the Apache distribution
(when the project is modular).
See issue:
   https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/RNG-31

Regards,