commons-dev mailing list archives

From Gilles <gil...@harfang.homelinux.org>
Subject Re: [All][Math] New component: "Commons Geometry"?
Date Fri, 01 Dec 2017 14:56:10 GMT
On Fri, 1 Dec 2017 19:23:57 +0530, Amey Jadiye wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 1, 2017 at 6:56 PM, Gilles <gilles@harfang.homelinux.org>
> wrote:
>
>> Hello Amey.
>

> Hi Gilles,
>

>> On Thu, 30 Nov 2017 23:45:45 +0530, Amey Jadiye wrote:
>>
>>> Pardon me for pulling this thread up again, I havent read anything
>>> about
>>> "Commons Geometry" since long
>>>

>> Thanks for your renewed interest.
>>
>> (or may be I missed any other disscussion? ).
>>>

>> Probably not.
>>
>> is someone working on this ?
>>>

>> It would be a surprise.
>>
>> what is the final decision ?
>>>

>> There hasn't been any progress towards a decision.
>>

> I'm not sure if "Lazy Consensus" works in these matters ? better take
> help
> of it, its fast and easy.

By definition, it does not apply when people voice their opinion:
Some did it one way, others did it in another (non-compatible way).

The strange thing here is that some PMC members seem to prefer
moving Commons Math to "dormant" rather than let the few remaining
active developers do some cleanup in the hope to revivify some of
the code base in a more modern Java eco-system.

Gilles