commons-dev mailing list archives

From Torsten Curdt <tcu...@vafer.org>
Subject Re: [BCEL] thread safety
Date Mon, 11 Dec 2017 16:26:03 GMT
It's been a looong time since I worked on BCEL and my memories might serve
me wrong but I think thread safety is something that should not necessarily
happen on the BCEL level. BCEL holds a lot of state. Making all that
threadsafe - I'd like to see the use cases first as it might come at a
cost. BCEL was even using statics to store state - I would suggest to fix
that first (if it's still the case).

But anyway - my 2 cents from some vague memories.

cheers,
Torsten