commons-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Tompkins <chtom...@gmail.com>
Subject [all] Preventing assembly archives from being deployed to nexus.
Date Sat, 02 Dec 2017 21:06:49 GMT
Hello all,

In my work on the [build-plugin], I’ve come across the following mechanism to prevent the
[maven-assembly-plugin] from deploying the artifacts to nexus. If in the configuration section
of the plugin, you put “<attach>false</attach>” the archives that the [maven-assembly-plugin]
creates will not get pushed up to nexus. For example I have locally in [text] the following:

 <plugin>
	<configuration>
  		<descriptors>
    		<descriptor>src/assembly/bin.xml</descriptor>
			<descriptor>src/assembly/src.xml</descriptor>
  		</descriptors>
		<tarLongFileMode>gnu</tarLongFileMode>
  		<attach>false</attach>
	</configuration>
</plugin>

and with that, using "-Ptest-deploy" profile, the archives aren’t pushed to "./target/deploy”.

As previously stated, my plan is to streamline the release process considerably with java
updates to the build plugin, but for the time being, this should be helpful.

Cheers,
-Rob