commons-dev mailing list archives

From Gary Gregory <garydgreg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Commons JCS 2.2.1 (roll 2)
Date Mon, 06 Nov 2017 03:50:02 GMT
On Sat, Oct 28, 2017 at 1:01 AM, Benedikt Ritter <britter@apache.org> wrote:

> > Am 27.10.2017 um 12:51 schrieb Thomas Vandahl <tv@apache.org>:
> >
> > Hi Gary,
> >
> > On 25.10.17 05:24, Gary Gregory wrote:
> >> Our process documented here http://commons.apache.org/
> releases/prepare.html
> >> makes it pretty clear that the RC tag should be labeled as such and
> that a
> >> tag like "commons-jcs-2.2.1" should only be created after a VOTE passes.
> >
> > as this release is created using the Maven Release plugin, the automatic
> > process is to create a tag identical to the release version. The docs
> > you mention tell nothing about how to handle the RC case. Does the RC
> > tag need to be renamed, copied or re-created?
> >
> > BTW, there was no such request when I created the previous three
> releases.
>
> I agree, we shouldn’t be to picky, since releasing components is already a
> PITA.

I agree that the release process is a PITA. I've complained about it many
times before on this ML but I've never contributed a solution to improve
the process.

I think there is talk of improving the commons build plugin... but I am not
sure how.

Surely, having to publish to both "dist" and Nexus is a pain.

Gary