commons-dev mailing list archives

From Gary Gregory <garydgreg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [build-plugin] Re-engineering/release streamlining
Date Sun, 12 Nov 2017 03:24:52 GMT
On Sat, Nov 11, 2017 at 8:19 PM, Rob Tompkins <chtompki@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I was wondering if we might think about a 2.X line in the [build-plugin]
> to better facilitate our release mechanics so that we don’t have to jump
> through all of these hoops that we do when building a release candidate?
>
> Steps:
> 1. Move the commons-build-plugin to git.

+1

> 2. Fully rewrite it so that it retains its site/github templating, but
> adds functionality to perform our releases in git (maybe withholding svn on
> purpose to incentivize moving repositories to git).
>
> Thoughts?

I agree, it's a pain. I wonder if we should step back first and see if we
can simplify our release requirements. For example, I find it a huge pain
that we have to release to both Nexus and the dist folder. I wonder if we
could get away with putting ALL we need in Nexus. After it's all on Apache
infra...

Gary