commons-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Vandahl ...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Maven release plugin?
Date Mon, 06 Nov 2017 18:16:51 GMT
On 06.11.17 09:01, Romain Manni-Bucau wrote:
>> On Mon, Nov 6, 2017 at 7:27 AM, Romain Manni-Bucau
>> <rmannibucau@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> due to the RCx procedure we cant use the maven release plugin, any
>>> plan to make it working with commons release procedure or do we just
>>> wait to move all to git?
>>
>> What problem is there when using the plugin?
>
> the plugin doesn't support the RCx branch creation without corrupting
> the final release - due to nexus. It would be fancy to be able to
> *automatically* create the right tag if flagged as such in the pom.

There is nothing wrong with the plugin. If you read the commons release
docs, the chapter about the maven-release-plugin says nothing about RCs,
let alone tags. Moving to git would not help as long as the POM
scm-section still points to the original tag. (And I'm not suggesting to
change that!)

Bye, Thomas.