commons-dev mailing list archives

From Pascal Schumacher <pascalschumac...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: [dbcp] update to pool 2.4.3.
Date Sun, 29 Oct 2017 08:21:01 GMT
Am 29.10.2017 um 09:09 schrieb Mark Thomas:
> On 29 October 2017 03:54:40 GMT+00:00, "Bruno P. Kinoshita" <brunodepaulak@yahoo.com.br.INVALID>
wrote:
>> Hi Gary,
>>
>> Started the tests in Maven command line, found which tests failed.
>> Executed the tests in Eclipse, found which class was related to the
>> failure. Then did a diff between both tags.
>>
>> git diff POOL_2_4_2 POOL_2.4.3-RC1 --
>> ./src/main/java/org/apache/commons/pool2/impl/DefaultPooledObject.java
>>
>> The short diff indicates that the failures started possibly due to the
>> replacement of Exceptions in the DefaultPooledObject by a CallStack.
>> Looks like the CallStack does not keep track of all the methods called
>> (due to a security context manager from what I could tell?). Only
>> classes.
>>
>> The following pull request updates pool to 2.4.3, and changes the unit
>> tests to, instead of looking for method names in the log writer output,
>> to look for the test class name.
>>
>>     https://github.com/apache/commons-dbcp/pull/8
>>

>> Feel free to review and merge if you agree it's a good solution.
> I'm not sure it is a good solution. I need to look at what is going on in more detail
but if the method information has been lost then that will make tracking down the root cause
of a pool leak much, much harder.

I guess this was caused by:

[POOL-320]: Use more efficient stack walking mechanisms for usage tracking

https://github.com/apache/commons-pool/commit/3994baf0f3ce59b73bd36e869320275d757d1884