commons-dev mailing list archives

From Benedikt Ritter <brit...@apache.org>
Subject [LOGGING] Logging is Java 1.2 but required Java 1.4 code
Date Sat, 28 Oct 2017 07:21:01 GMT
Hi all,

After I was able to update the the build to the latest parent POM, I’m running into animal
sniffer problems. The build is defined to target Java 1.2 but there are classes which require
later JDKs:

- Jdk13LumberjackLogger
- Jdk14Logger

This breaks the build because animal sniffer reports that these classes don’t work on Java
1.2. I don’t understand how this is supposed to work. Did we ship those classes and users
have to decide whether they want to load them or not depending on the JRE they are running
on? Do we want to exclude the two classes from animal sniffer?

Regards,
Benedikt