commons-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Vandahl ...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Commons JCS 2.2.1 (roll 2)
Date Fri, 27 Oct 2017 10:51:56 GMT
Hi Gary,

On 25.10.17 05:24, Gary Gregory wrote:
> Our process documented here http://commons.apache.org/releases/prepare.html
> makes it pretty clear that the RC tag should be labeled as such and that a
> tag like "commons-jcs-2.2.1" should only be created after a VOTE passes.

as this release is created using the Maven Release plugin, the automatic
process is to create a tag identical to the release version. The docs
you mention tell nothing about how to handle the RC case. Does the RC
tag need to be renamed, copied or re-created?

BTW, there was no such request when I created the previous three releases.

Bye, Thomas