commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Bruno P. Kinoshita" <brunodepau...@yahoo.com.br.INVALID>
Subject Re: [dbcp] update to pool 2.4.3.
Date Sun, 29 Oct 2017 03:54:40 GMT
Hi Gary,

Started the tests in Maven command line, found which tests failed. Executed the tests in Eclipse,
found which class was related to the failure. Then did a diff between both tags.

    git diff POOL_2_4_2 POOL_2.4.3-RC1 -- ./src/main/java/org/apache/commons/pool2/impl/DefaultPooledObject.java

The short diff indicates that the failures started possibly due to the replacement of Exceptions
in the DefaultPooledObject by a CallStack. Looks like the CallStack does not keep track of
all the methods called (due to a security context manager from what I could tell?). Only classes.

The following pull request updates pool to 2.4.3, and changes the unit tests to, instead of
looking for method names in the log writer output, to look for the test class name.

    https://github.com/apache/commons-dbcp/pull/8

Feel free to review and merge if you agree it's a good solution.
Hope that helps,
Bruno

ps: I think we need to publish the commons-pool website. Tried to have a look at the changes
report for 2.4.3 but it wasn't there yet.
ps2: I'm currently looking at those trivial checkstyle issues that we found during the vote
thread. Going to send another pull request for that today