commons-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Bourg <ebo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [All][Math] New component: "Commons Geometry"?
Date Mon, 04 Sep 2017 09:41:55 GMT
Le 2/09/2017 à 00:50, Gilles a écrit :

> Because of "Commons" rules, it is not "equivalent": There was
> a long thread concluding that all modules must be released
> _together_, and with the same top-level package name and version
> number.

True, but I don't see this as an issue.

> I think that the unspecified problem(s) which you refer to
> here are mostly alleviated with tools such as git and maven.

I mentioned the problems in a previous message in this thread. Managing
the releases, the JIRA configurations, maintaining the sites... many
tasks can't be automated with tools, that's why I referred to the
multi-modules solution as "lightweight" compared to multiple components.

Emmanuel Bourg