commons-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Benson <mben...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [COLLECTIONS] Time for 4.2
Date Wed, 20 Sep 2017 16:21:56 GMT
On Sep 20, 2017 11:08 AM, "Stephen Colebourne" <scolebourne@joda.org> wrote:

I think its worth the extra step of checking the conditions are right
for adding the Automatic-Module-Name manifest entry.

Wouldn't that just offload the decision to "when to update the parent
version in the component?"

Matt

I've not got maven to work with actual module-info.java files yet on
the Joda projects, but they are a more complex setup. Maybe
[collections] could be the first to get a real module-info? There are
no dependencies, right?

Stephen

On 20 September 2017 at 17:03, Benedikt Ritter <britter@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> Am 20.09.2017 um 15:33 schrieb Gary Gregory <garydgregory@gmail.com>:
>>
>> How about dealing with the Automatic-Module-Name MANIFEST header in the
>> parent POM and releasing that POM first?
>
> Stephen Colebourne said that we have to check on a per component basis
whether the component is ready to be released as Java 9 module. For this
reason we wanted to add this to every component individually. At least that
is what I recall.