commons-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen Colebourne <scolebou...@joda.org>
Subject Re: [COLLECTIONS] module-info.java and Java 9 (Was: [COLLECTIONS] Time for 4.2)
Date Wed, 20 Sep 2017 16:46:38 GMT
On 20 September 2017 at 17:12, Benedikt Ritter <britter@apache.org> wrote:
>> Von: Stephen Colebourne <scolebourne@joda.org>
>> I've not got maven to work with actual module-info.java files yet on
>> the Joda projects, but they are a more complex setup. Maybe
>> [collections] could be the first to get a real module-info? There are
>> no dependencies, right?
>
> There are test dependencies.
>
> And I wonder how we can create a jar that is also valid on JVM 7 and 8. Do they ignore
the module-info.class which would be included? Or do we have to create a Multi-Release jar?
The build will definitely require Java 9.

I've not managed to get this pattern to work on my projects yet:
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-compiler-plugin/examples/module-info.html

There should be no need for a multi-release jar - the
module-info.class file will just be ignored (not class loaded) by
previous versions even though it is in the jar file.
Stephen