commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Bruno P. Kinoshita" <ki...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [COLLECTIONS] Test failures on Windows
Date Mon, 25 Sep 2017 21:07:35 GMT
I have the environment prepared to debug it but didn't have time for it before going overseas.
If anyone has a Win + jvm8 environment, clone the repo and run the HashSetValuedHashMapTest.
The failures happen in the inherited tests, from the Abstract... test class.
My idea was to copy one of these methods to the HashSetValuedHashMapTest for ease of debugging.
Disable other tests, and try to understand what's wrong with the HashSetValuedHashMap data
structure.
I think I saw an ArrayList somewhere being pre initialized. I kind of remember of an issue
in some JVM involving arraylist elements order after initialization... maybe some of it will
be helpful if anyone decides to have fun debugging it?
Happy to investigate once I'm back in two weeks.
CheersBruno
Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Tue, 26 Sep 2017 at 4:02, Benedikt Ritter<britter@apache.org> wrote:   Hi,

who can help with the test failures on Windows? I’d like to push out the next release soon
to get Collections Java 9 ready. I don’t have access to a Windows installation and I don’t
feel like debugging inside a VM :o)

Regards,
Benedikt