commons-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Tompkins <chtom...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [LANG] Releasing 3.6.1
Date Tue, 05 Sep 2017 18:30:15 GMT

> On Sep 5, 2017, at 11:00 AM, Amey Jadiye <ameyjadiye@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello Benedikt,
>
> How about we keep that deprecated in lang and release Text-1.2 ?
[snip]

I’m on board with this if folks are complaining and the original intent was to deprecate
things in [lang]. Why not roll forward as opposed to backwards?

But, that opens the question: Is RandomStringUtils something that most folks would want (i.e.
should it be in [lang] or [text])? I think that question is more the heart of the problem
here. Either direction seems reasonable to me.

Thoughts?

-Rob